From: Ard Biesheuvel <ardb@kernel.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 8, 2021 1:37 AM
To: Sunny Wang <Sunny.Wang@arm.com>
Cc: Grzegorz Bernacki <gjb@semihalf.com>; rfc@edk2.groups.io; Samer El-Haj-Mahmoud <Samer.El-Haj-Mahmoud@arm.com>; Marcin Wojtas <mw@semihalf.com>; zhichao.gao@intel.co; ray.ni@intel.com; pete@akeo.ie; leif@nuviainc.com; ardb+tianocore@kernel.org
Subject: Re: [edk2-rfc] RFC: Boot Discovery Policy

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 at 15:54, Sunny Wang <Sunny.Wang@arm.com> wrote:

For Ard, Pete, and Leif's reference, this is the follow-up to my Fast Boot related commit https://github.com/tianocore/edk2-platforms/commit/efdc159ef7c9f15581a0f63d755a1530ff475156. We want to add the setup option to the core code instead of the platform code so that we can easily solve similar problems that are related to Fast boot in other platforms as well. Therefore, I think RPI should be fine with this design.
So the problem is secondary loaders that assume that all peripherals have been connected, right? To me, the options Minimal/All Network Devices/All Devices seems a bit arbitrary - what about block devices?