Re: RFC: Boot Discovery Policy

Grzegorz Bernacki

Hi Ray,
Thanks a lot for review. Regarding comment #1. I proposed two options:
1) Change directly MdeModulePkg/Library/BootMaintenanceManagerUiLib
and add an Boot Discovery Policy entry in 'Boot Maintenance Manager'
menu
or
2) Add a new library which uses EFI_IFR_BOOT_MAINTENANCE_GUID
classguid and allow Boot Maintanance Manager to connect it via
BmmListThirdPartyDrivers(). However, drawback of that solution is
creation of a new form with Boot Discovery Policy drop-down list

Second option uses separate library. What is your opinion on above?
thanks,
greg

czw., 29 kwi 2021 o 14:58 Ni, Ray <ray.ni@intel.com> napisał(a):

greg,
I reviewed your design and learned several points:
1. UiApp adds an option to let user select which class to connect
[ray] can you explain which UiApp your design changes? the one in MdeModulePkg? can you investigate whether it's doable to produce such setup option through another driver?

2. bcfg adds an option to let user select which class to connect
[ray] you need to discuss with USWG on the bcfg shell command change.

3. The option added above controls the PlatformBootManagerLib behavior
[ray] This lib belongs to platform scope so you can freely change it as long as the platform owner agrees.

Thanks,
ray