Re: Cross referencing EDKII code

wonderfly@...

Yeah, I have the same problem with cscope. Too many matches for one
symbol.

On Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 12:53 PM Brian J. Johnson <brian.johnson@...>
wrote:

I use cscope, and the "rscope" extension to emacs. I use a script to
collect source files and include directories from the source tree to
generate the cscope.files file. That works, but isn't smart about
removing code which isn't actually compiled in a particular build. So
it requires some familiarity with the sources to understand which symbol
matches are relevant.

Brian

-------- Original Message --------
From: wonderfly@...
Sent: Thursday, March 4, 2021, 12:15 PM
To: rfc@edk2.groups.io
Subject: [edk2-rfc] Cross referencing EDKII code

Started looking at EDKII code about two months ago. One of the things I
still haven't figured out is how to read code effectively, possibly with
the help of cross referencing tools. Haven't got much luck with cscope,
and I don't see any compile_commands.json being generated either.

What do you folks use for cross referencing? What's your development
setup like?

--
Brian J. Johnson
Enterprise X86 Lab