Re: Cross referencing EDKII code

Daniel Wang <wonderfly@...>

Ah, ctags!  Haven't used that for years.  I'll give it a shot.  Thanks for sharing.

On Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 5:47 AM Laszlo Ersek <lersek@...> wrote:
On 03/04/21 19:15, wonderfly@... wrote:
> Started looking at EDKII code about two months ago.  One of the
> things I still haven't figured out is how to read code effectively,
> possibly with the help of cross referencing tools.  Haven't got much
> luck with cscope, and I don't see any compile_commands.json being
> generated either.
>
> What do you folks use for cross referencing?  What's your development
> setup like?

I use "Exuberant Ctags" for generating a "tags" file, and NEdit for
editing source code. NEdit loads the "tags" file and can jump to
definitions. If there are multiple function definitions, NEdit offers a
list of matches to pick from -- which is really helpful whenever
multiple lib instances implement a particular library class (i.e., when
multiple function definitions exist for a particular prototype).

Best,
Daniel