Re: Cross referencing EDKII code

Laszlo Ersek

On 03/04/21 19:15, wonderfly@... wrote:
Started looking at EDKII code about two months ago. One of the
things I still haven't figured out is how to read code effectively,
possibly with the help of cross referencing tools. Haven't got much
luck with cscope, and I don't see any compile_commands.json being
generated either.

What do you folks use for cross referencing? What's your development
setup like?
I use "Exuberant Ctags" for generating a "tags" file, and NEdit for
editing source code. NEdit loads the "tags" file and can jump to
definitions. If there are multiple function definitions, NEdit offers a
list of matches to pick from -- which is really helpful whenever
multiple lib instances implement a particular library class (i.e., when
multiple function definitions exist for a particular prototype).