Re: Cross referencing EDKII code

Nhi Pham

I'm also using VSCode for edk2 development. If your workspace is not in local machine but in a remote server, you can use Remote Development extension (SSH tunnel). It works well for me.

Below are other helpful extensions that you can consider to install:
- C/C++
- C++ Intellisense
- Visual Studio IntelliCode
- edk2-vscode
- Gitlens

Best regards,
Nhi

On 3/5/21 08:37, Sean via groups.io wrote:
I have found that VSCode opening the edk2 folder does a decent job of giving you resolution of symbols but you still have to understand edk2 specifics like library resolution, public/private files, packages, and the "platform" DSC file.

On 3/4/2021 10:15 AM, wonderfly@... wrote:
Started looking at EDKII code about two months ago.  One of the things I still haven't figured out is how to read code effectively, possibly with the help of cross referencing tools.  Haven't got much luck with cscope, and I don't see any compile_commands.json being generated either.

What do you folks use for cross referencing?  What's your development setup like?