Re: Cross referencing EDKII code

Daniel Wang <wonderfly@...>

Very nice!  Thank you for the pointers.  I wonder how the cross links were created and whether it's possible to integrate them into my editor (vim).   If not, is there a build target for doxygen?  So that I could generate these html files for the branch I am on?

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 2:12 PM Rebecca Cran <rebecca@...> wrote:
On 3/4/21 11:15 AM, wonderfly@... wrote:
> Started looking at EDKII code about two months ago.  One of the things I still haven't figured out is how to read code effectively, possibly with the help of cross referencing tools.  Haven't got much luck with cscope, and I don't see any compile_commands.json being generated either.
>
> What do you folks use for cross referencing?  What's your development setup like?

Personally, I've found Doxygen a great help in understanding EDK2. I've
been maintaining a build of the documentation at
https://bsdio.com/edk2/docs/master/index.html for a few years.

I think I've enabled all the search and browsing features, so for
example you can use the search bar in the top-right corner to find the
EFI_BOOT_SERVICES docs
(https://bsdio.com/edk2/docs/master/struct_e_f_i___b_o_o_t___s_e_r_v_i_c_e_s.html).

--
Rebecca Cran