Re: Cross referencing EDKII code

Rebecca Cran <rebecca@...>

On 3/4/21 11:15 AM, wonderfly@... wrote:
Started looking at EDKII code about two months ago. One of the things I still haven't figured out is how to read code effectively, possibly with the help of cross referencing tools. Haven't got much luck with cscope, and I don't see any compile_commands.json being generated either.
What do you folks use for cross referencing? What's your development setup like?
Personally, I've found Doxygen a great help in understanding EDK2. I've been maintaining a build of the documentation at https://bsdio.com/edk2/docs/master/index.html for a few years.

I think I've enabled all the search and browsing features, so for example you can use the search bar in the top-right corner to find the EFI_BOOT_SERVICES docs (https://bsdio.com/edk2/docs/master/struct_e_f_i___b_o_o_t___s_e_r_v_i_c_e_s.html).

--
Rebecca Cran