Re: [RFC] UnitTestFrameworkPkg cmocka submodule alternatives

Rebecca Cran

On 12/19/20 11:58 AM, Michael D Kinney wrote:
There have been a few suggestions to create a mirror of cmocka in TianoCore
org in GitHub.
I have found a GitHub action that can do a repo sync.
https://github.com/marketplace/actions/github-repo-sync
I have created a temporary mirror of cmocka in my personal GitHub area that
uses this GitHub action to sync all branches and all tags once a day.
https://github.com/mdkinney/mirror-cmocka
Here is the GitHub workflow file. It must be in the default branch for the
repo using a branch name that is not present in the repo being mirrored.
In this case, I used a branch name of 'repo-sync'.
https://github.com/mdkinney/mirror-cmocka/blob/repo-sync/.github/workflows/repo-sync.yml
Please provide feedback on this approach. If we like this approach, then
I suggest we create a new repo in TianoCore called edk2-cmocka that is a
mirror that is synced once a day and we update the cmocka submodule in the
edk2 repo to use edk2-cmocka.
I'd suggest just using the Gitlab mirror. Unlike cryptomilk.org, Gitlab should be just as reliable as Github and won't introduce another potential failure point.

--
Rebecca Cran