From: rfc@edk2.groups.io <rfc@edk2.groups.io> On Behalf Of Leif Lindholm
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2020 8:52 PM
To: Sami Mujawar <Sami.Mujawar@arm.com>
Cc: devel@edk2.groups.io; Samer El-Haj-Mahmoud <Samer.El-Haj-
Mahmoud@arm.com>; Ard Biesheuvel <Ard.Biesheuvel@arm.com>;
rebecca@nuviainc.com; rfc@edk2.groups.io; Yao, Jiewen
<jiewen.yao@intel.com>; Kumar, Rahul1 <rahul1.kumar@intel.com>; nd
<nd@arm.com>
Subject: Re: [edk2-rfc] [edk2-devel] RFC: Adding support for ARM (RNDR etc.)
to RngDxe

Hi Sami,

JPGs work, but preferably published in a location where they're
unlikely to be deleted, and posted as URLs.

https://app.diagrams.net/ doesn't require a licensed application to
edit, and can be "saved to github" for example.

Please make sure to use the diagrams to support/clarify the mailing
list conversation rather than replacing it.

Best Regards,

Leif

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:26:26 +0000, Sami Mujawar wrote:
Hi All,

I am working on the TRNG FW API interface and will share more details for
the discussion soon.
We had some thoughts about streamlining the RngDxe implementations
and would like to share some diagrams for the discussion.
My diagrams are in Visio that I can export as JPG images. However, I
am open to switching to any other suggested tool.

Hi Leif,

Can you suggest on how we can collaborate to share diagrams/documents,
please?

Regards,

Sami Mujawar

From: devel@edk2.groups.io<mailto:devel@edk2.groups.io>
<devel@edk2.groups.io<mailto:devel@edk2.groups.io>> on behalf of
Rebecca Cran via groups.io
<rebecca=nuviainc.com@groups.io<mailto:rebecca=nuviainc.com@groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, December 8, 2020, 11:33 PM
To: devel@edk2.groups.io<mailto:devel@edk2.groups.io>
Cc: rfc@edk2.groups.io<mailto:rfc@edk2.groups.io>; Jiewen Yao; Rahul
Kumar
Subject: [edk2-devel] RFC: Adding support for ARM (RNDR etc.) to RngDxe

Currently, RngDxe in SecurityPkg only supports Intel, with RdRand support.

This RFC is to start a discussion about adding support for ARM.

I have a Git branch with support for the optional ARMv8.5 RNDR
instruction at https://github.com/bcran/edk2/commits/bcran-rndr which
moves the existing Intel support into a Rand directory, and adds code to
support RNDR in a new AArch64 directory.

There are other RNG implementations available for ARM, including
platform-specific approaches on Graviton
(https://lwn.net/Articles/790304/) and other platforms, so a more
thorough rearchitecting/redesign may be desired.

--
Rebecca Cran

please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to
any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in
any medium. Thank you.