From: Laszlo Ersek <lersek@redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 3, 2019 10:46 AM
To: Sean Brogan <sean.brogan@microsoft.com>;
rfc@edk2.groups.io; Ni, Ray <ray.ni@intel.com>;
devel@edk2.groups.io; Gao, Liming
<liming.gao@intel.com>; Kinney, Michael D
<michael.d.kinney@intel.com>
Subject: Re: [edk2-rfc] [edk2-devel] [RFC] EDK II
Continuous Integration Phase 1

On 09/03/19 19:09, Sean Brogan wrote:
Laszlo/Mike,

The idea that the maintainer must create the PR is
fighting the
optimized github PR flow. Github and PRs process is
optimized for
letting everyone contribute from "their" fork while
still protecting
and putting process in place for the "upstream".

Why not use github to assign maintainers to each
package or filepath
and then let contributors submit their own PR to edk2
after the
mailing list has approved. Then the PR has a policy
that someone that
is the maintainer of all files changed must approve
before the PR can
be completed (or you could even set it so that
maintainer must
complete PR). This would have the benefit of less
monotonous work
for the maintainers and on rejected PRs the
contributor could easily
update their branch and resubmit their PR.
I'll let Mike respond.