From: discuss@edk2.groups.io [mailto:discuss@edk2.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Burt Silverman
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 4:25 AM
To: discuss@edk2.groups.io
Subject: [edk2-discuss] Increase robustness of nmake BaseTools build for
space also used by make

Hello, I added a patch to the devel@edk2 group but I don't know how to
introduce it. I was working in a MyWorkspace years ago using cygwin most
likely on my Windows computer. Recently, I went back to the workspace,
updated the repository, but this time I was working with WIndows tools. I ran
into a problem due to the existence of a libs directory which is an artifact of
non Windows tools. There are several ways to fix this, I am sure. One could
rewrite the Unix GNUmakefiles so directory libs is not used, I assume. Or one
could change the target in the nmake Makefile from libs to something else,
like libraries. I chose a different method to solve the problem: removing the
libs directory in cleanall.

Can someone tell me if I should introduce my fix other than through
devel@edk2? Will my fix be looked at? Thanks.

Burt Silverman

Burt Silverman