UiApp

Fabrice DECROP LONGET

Hi,

This is my very first message on edk2, regarding UEFI software developpement.
Please, feel free to transfer my message to any other location if needed 😊

I’m currently working on a BIOS setup menu to integrate in the boot flow of my HW platform. I’m working on a reference design of ARM, was able to compile and execute edk2 UEFI boot.

Could someone answer to the following questions :

1/UiApp is started during the BDS phase.
Because it has been configured so in the EFI variable EfiGlobalVariable:Boot0000
Am I correct ?

2/Is it also correct to say that this parameter comes from NVRAM ?

3/Is there a way to change this value parameter ?
Is it possible through Boot Manager menu ?
And through EDK2 source code ?

4/Let's assume that there are Boot0000 to Boot0006 options on my platform.
How EDK2 fill the Boot#### options ? Is it pre-written in NVRAM, or is filled by EDK2 ?
If filled by EDK2, could you please point me where it is done in source code

5/Is there a way to add a boot option (BootNext) outside EDK2 (saying outise Bott Manager Menu), outside UEFI shell, and outside OS ?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Regards