edk2toolext based build workspace question

Jeff Brasen

I am looking at converting our build from using a bunch of custom scripts/makefiles around the UEFI build process to the edk2toolext based python builder and am running into an Issue. Our overall build automation system whats to keep the source directory unchanged with all build output in another directory. I am supporting this currently by having WORKSPACE point to the specified out directory and PACKAGES_PATH pointing to our source. However if I have workspace point somewhere else with edk2toolext it seems like it requires the workspace to be with the sources. Is this something that can be done or is just a limitation/design feature of this build system?

Thanks,
Jeff