Drivers that based on two underlying hardware devices

Jeff Brasen

Hi,

Trying to determine any recommendations for best practices for drivers that need to connect to multiple pieces of hardware and the interaction with the connection sequence. For example if a driver needs to talk to a given hardware component as well as an i2c device. With my understanding of the UEFI driver model seems to work there doesn't seem to be good way to support this without either needing to have a connect all or custom connection logic. If that is what is needed it isn't unworkable but thought I would ask if anyone has alternative ideas for this sort of devices and making a simplified connection approach for devices.

Thanks,
Jeff