Re: Having problems when trying to instrument all code of a specific UEFI driver (including the library code)

mick21@...

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your reply, I didn't know this report option existed!

If you add the --report-file=REPORTFILE to the build command when you compile it will generate a report about your build. I think the info in this report can help you out.
I have looked at the output of the report file, though, it did provide some clarity on what libraries are included, it seemed to match with the "OUTPUT/static_library_files.lst" library listing that is created when a driver is built.

I found that I can change the file paths in the GNUmakefile of a UEFI driver (for example Build/OvmfX64/DEBUG_CLANGPDB/X64/MdeModulePkg/Universal/Variable/RuntimeDxe/VariableSmm/GNUmakefile). By changing the STATIC_LIBRARY_FILES or CC_FLAGS variables for a specific UEFI driver or library, I am maybe able to compile certain drivers with other library code than others, as the build script doesn't seem to overwrite the GNUmakefile file when I change it. I hope this will work, despite it being not so elegant.

Thank you,

Mick