Re: Google Summer of Code Interested Student

Nate DeSimone

Hi Laszlo,

-----Original Message-----
From: discuss@edk2.groups.io <discuss@edk2.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Laszlo Ersek
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2021 10:51 AM
To: Desimone, Nathaniel L <nathaniel.l.desimone@intel.com>;
cadenkline9@gmail.com
Cc: discuss@edk2.groups.io; devel@edk2.groups.io
Subject: Re: [edk2-discuss] Google Summer of Code Interested Student

As far as I can remember, the terminal type has always been hard-coded in
OVMF like this -- I believe it's not a regression (old or recent). I guess I
haven't seen a good PlatformBootManagerLib example on this topic.
Yeah specifically on the topic of properly setting the terminal type, I don't think I've seen a completely correct implementation of PlatformBootManagerLib either. Agreed it is probably not a regression, but I still think it would be a great contribution to get this sorted out properly.