Re: Redfish Host Interface

Laszlo Ersek

Hi Russell,

On 03/11/21 22:02, Russell Peterson wrote:
Hello,

I am interested in a UEFI Redfish Host Interface that does not require an OS. That is, the Redfish service would be provided by UEFI itself (via an IP interface)... or perhaps an EFI application.
For example, if a BMC wanted to access EFI variables directly from UEFI via an IP interface with no functional OS present.

Is this crazy for me to think this? Already exists? Under development? An idea... but I would need to do some work?
At least the following TianoCore bugzilla
<https://bugzilla.tianocore.org/> tickets relate to RedFish, one way or
another:

2337
2906
2910
2911
2912
2913
2918
2919
2930
2931
2932
2933
2934
2936
3102
3173
3174

At least the following USWG Mantis tickets relate to RedFish:

0001221
0001834
0001853
0001920
0001925
0001935
0001941
0002000
0002009
0002172

In UEFI v2.8B, there is a chapter called "31 - EFI Redfish Service Support".

A top-level RedfishPkg exists in edk2, and it seems like EmulatorPkg has
received some enablement. Not sure about the state in edk2-platforms (or
in other out-of-tree platforms).

Adding Abner and Nickle to the CC list (per "Maintainers.txt");
hopefully they can summarize the status for you.