Re: Google Summer of Code Interested Student

Laszlo Ersek

adding Nate

On 03/10/21 03:10, cadenkline9@gmail.com wrote:
Hello, My name is Caden Kline. I am a freshmen Computer Science major in the US. I intend to specialize in Systems or Security or both. The main two tasks I am hoping to apply for are "Terminal driver improvements" and "Writing Unit Tests". However, I am primarily interested in any system level work and willing to work on anything. I am concerned about the difficulty in completing these tasks so I'm going to list my experience.

My relevant experience for C programming language is a one semester introduction to C and Unix class I am currently taking. Outside of formal experience, I have primarily interacted with C and assembly with capture the flag/wargame binary exploitation challenges, and unfinished projects such as a chip8 emulator. My primary programming experience is Java and Python thanks to my high school and college classes. I have participated in several past google code-ins. My github profile is https://github.com/Pokemod97 .

Is there anything I can do to improve my chances to be selected or any other feedback? Thank you for taking the time to read this message.