Re: 回复: [edk2-discuss] edk2 build error

Sean

EmulatorPkg on Windows is a Windows application and thus you need all the tools/libs to support building a windows application.

I would suggest making sure you have VS2019 and WinSdk as listed here:

https://microsoft.github.io/mu/CodeDevelopment/prerequisites/#visual-studio-2019-preferred

https://microsoft.github.io/mu/CodeDevelopment/prerequisites/#optional-windows-driver-kit

Thanks
Sean

On 3/4/2021 6:23 AM, Mohammad Younas Khan Pathan wrote:
The mu_nasm dependency issue is resolved with below cmd:
stuart_update -c .pytool/CISettings.py
I am facing another error if I try stuart_build (for EmulatorPkg) or
running BaseTools/Edk2ToolsBuild.py for VS2019:
*ERROR - We were not able to find on the keys requested from vcvarsall.*
* ValueError: Missing keys when querying vcvarsall: ['WINDOWSSDKVERSION',
'WINDOWSSDKBINPATH', 'UNIVERSALCRTSDKDIR', 'WINDOWSLIBPATH', 'PATH',
'VCTOOLSINSTALLDIR', 'EXTENSIONSDKDIR', 'UCRTVERSION',
'WINDOWSSDKVERBINPATH', 'WINDOWSSDKDIR']*
Do we need to do any setup for these variables?
Thank you,
Younas.
On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 at 19:24, Feng, Bob C <bob.c.feng@intel.com> wrote:

OvmfPkg\Platform\ReadMe.md describes the instruction of using Pytools to
build OvmfPkg in details. Those instruction can also apply to EmulatorPkg
Build.

This command is to init and update the edk2 submodules
stuart_setup -c OvmfPkg/PlatformCI/PlatformBuild.py
TOOL_CHAIN_TAG=<TOOL_CHAIN_TAG> -a <TARGET_ARCH>

This command is to install the nasm and iasl
stuart_update -c OvmfPkg/PlatformCI/PlatformBuild.py
TOOL_CHAIN_TAG=<TOOL_CHAIN_TAG> -a <TARGET_ARCH>

This command is to build BaseTools C tools and set the necessary
environment variable
python BaseTools/Edk2ToolsBuild.py -t <ToolChainTag>

This command is to OvmfPkg
stuart_build -c OvmfPkg/PlatformCI/PlatformBuild.py -a IA32
TOOL_CHAIN_TAG=<TOOL_CHAIN_TAG>

Thanks,
Bob