From: Irene Park <ipark@nvidia.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 1:16:10 AM
To: discuss@edk2.groups.io <discuss@edk2.groups.io>; Irene Park <ipark@nvidia.com>; Sami.Mujawar@arm.com <Sami.Mujawar@arm.com>; pierre.gondois@arm.com <pierre.gondois@arm.com>; Alexei Fedorov <Alexei.Fedorov@arm.com>; Jeff Brasen <jbrasen@nvidia.com>
Subject: RE: [edk2-discuss] SPCR / SSDT generation in the DynamicTablesPkg

Hi Sami, Pierre, Alexei,
I wonder your thought about this topic.
Thank you,
Irene

-----Original Message-----
From: discuss@edk2.groups.io <discuss@edk2.groups.io> On Behalf Of Irene Park
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 3:28 AM
To: discuss@edk2.groups.io

External email: Use caution opening links or attachments

The latest patches to the DynamicTablesPkg help an SSDT generated to meet the SBBR requirement when an SPCR generation is desired.
But the auto-generated SSDT might be unable to describe the compatible but custom 16550 device on the non-SBBR compliant platform.
I wonder if an SSDT generation would be manageable when a user doesn't want to.

Thank you,
Irene