Re: Issues with PatchCheck script

Laszlo Ersek

On 11/10/20 05:42, Sandeep Dhanvada wrote:
Hi Laszlo,

I am able to execute PatchCheck.py on a patch generated from git format-patch, but, could not execute this script with git commits i.e., using -1 or -2 as arguments to read git commits.
IIRC an explicit commit range should work. For example,

$ python3 BaseTools/Scripts/PatchCheck.py master..

PatchCheck didn't show any Warnings or Errors on the patch file. so, i executed git send-email with my patches to devel@edk2.groups.io, but, could not see my patch set in edk2 devel mailing list, https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/topics. do i need to do anything else to send the patch to devel mailing list ?
You need to be both subscribed (up to you) and unmoderated (up to a
moderator) for your postings to go through immediately. A few of us take
turns at moderating the list, there may be delays for first time posters
(even after subscription). Sorry about that.

Your series should now be visible to all list subscribers:
<https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/67177>. (It wasn't me that let
it through, another moderator got to it first.)