Re: 回复: [edk2-discuss] Refresh currently displayed form

Tim Crawford

BootManager elements are generated dynamically. There are no questions or actions to attach a refresh interval or refreshguid to. I don't believe a refresh interval would produce the behavior I want; that is, to update *as soon as* an event (plugging/pulling a USB drive) happens.

But after looking at ANTLR syntax (BaseTools/Source/C/VfrCompile/VfrSyntax.g) I found that refreshguid can be used at the form level. This was added some time ago [1], but is not in the VFR specification [2]. Using this with CreateEventEx(), with refreshguid and EventGroup being the same GUID, produces the behavior I want.

[1] https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/commit/e2a5feb9d6c468c0ddb0caed2581d10585819db5
[2] https://edk2-docs.gitbook.io/edk-ii-vfr-specification/2_vfr_description_in_bnf/211_vfr_form_definition

Thanks,
Tim