Re: Question about NonDiscoverablePciDeviceDxe

Jeff Brasen

-----Original Message-----
From: discuss@edk2.groups.io <discuss@edk2.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Laszlo Ersek
Sent: Wednesday, October 7, 2020 8:01 AM
To: discuss@edk2.groups.io; Jeff Brasen <jbrasen@nvidia.com>
Subject: Re: [edk2-discuss] Question about NonDiscoverablePciDeviceDxe

External email: Use caution opening links or attachments

On 10/06/20 23:52, Jeff Brasen wrote:
We have a use case where we would want to expose PciIO protocols for a
device that doesn't match any of the guids that it supports.

What do you mean by "guids"? Did you mean "vendor id / device id"
perhaps?
[JMB] Sorry, should have been clearer

I was referring to the variable STATIC
CONST EFI_GUID * CONST
SupportedNonDiscoverableDevices[] = {

That both guards the supported function in the binding protocol as well as the selection of the right values in InitializePciIoProtocol.
The vendor/device ids are one of the things we will need to set based on any extension to this.

Thanks,
Jeff

Before we go and implement support for this wanted to get a feeling from
the community on what to do.

1. Fork NonDiscoverablePciDeviceDxe to our edk2-platforms area for
support for this (Doesn't seem ideal)
2. Add support for extending this
* Add a protocol that this driver consumes for overrides
* Add a library initializer that registers overrides in both the supported
function and the configuration space setup code

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeff