Re: how to fix compile warning: cannot find entry symbol _ModuleEntryPoint

Andrew Fish

Wenyi,

If you look under the Build results <Platform>/<DEBUG/RELEASE>_<COMPILER>/AArch64/Edk2/ArmPkg/Drivers/ArmGic/ (hopefully I got that right) and go down a little bit you will see the build generated GNUmakefile. You might want to take a look at that to try and figure out what is going on?

Thanks,

Andrew Fish

On Sep 29, 2020, at 7:23 AM, wenyi,xie via groups.io <xiewenyi2=huawei.com@groups.io> wrote:

I checked my platform DSC and there's UefiDriverEntryPoint|MdePkg/Library/UefiDriverEntryPoint/UefiDriverEntryPoint.inf in the section [LibraryClasses.common].
I'm not sure why _ModuleEntryPoint can't be found when link the object.

Regards
Wenyi

On 2020/9/29 2:21, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
On 09/28/20 10:57, wenyi,xie via groups.io wrote:
Hi, all
I use edk2-stable201903 in my project and meet a compile warning like below,

/opt/buildtools/gcc-linaro-7.4.1-2019.02/aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-gnu/7.4.1/../../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _ModuleEntryPoint; not setting start address

It seems like the warning happens when building EDKII/Edk2/ArmPkg/Drivers/ArmGic/ArmGicDxe.inf
does anyone know how to fix it?
If need more info, please contact me, thanks!

here's some of my build option,
Architecture(s) = AARCH64
Build target = RELEASE
Toolchain = GCC5
The UefiDriverEntryPoint lib class in the [Sources] section in
"ArmPkg/Drivers/ArmGic/ArmGicDxe.inf" should be resolved by your
platform DSC to
"MdePkg/Library/UefiDriverEntryPoint/UefiDriverEntryPoint.inf".

That's where the definition of _ModuleEntryPoint() should come from (see
"MdePkg/Library/UefiDriverEntryPoint/DriverEntryPoint.c").