ESRT in OVMF

Tomas Pilar (tpilar)

Hi Sandeep,

Remind me, are you using a real platform to do these tests or are you using
OVMF? If you are using real hardware, the platform needs to properly
support capsules, which is quite rare unless you are working on something
that's cutting edge. On OVMF you can modify the DxeCapsuleLib to be more
verbose.

In other words, if CapsuleApp.efi does not work, the ESRT way of upding the
driver will not work since they use the same mechanism.

Cheers,
Tom

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 6:40 AM Sandeep Dhanvada <
sandeep.dhanvada@xilinx.com> wrote:

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the delayed response. I was offloaded to some other work.

Thanks for the pointer. There was some issue in FMP code in UEFI driver.
After fixing this issue, booting is fine and ESRT entry is also generated
by BIOS.

CapsuleApp.efi with embedded FMP driver capsule is giving error that "Not
Ready", but, a capsule without embedded driver was fine. I see that next
boot is recognizing the capsule, but, it is not updated. I added AsciiPrint
in SetImage and GetImageInfo functions, but, i see only prints in
GetImageInfo, but not from SetImage. and there is no debug information from
BIOS environment that capsule update failed. Is there any way we can add
debug information in BIOS?

Thanks,
Sandeep