Re: OptionROM driver update failing in UEFI 2.4 but works on UEFI 2.3.1

Laszlo Ersek

+Andrew:

On 07/27/20 11:57, UdayS via groups.io wrote:
Hi All,
SW Revision updates to my Option Rom/Driver is handled properly during the EntryPoint i.e., using component name to get the revision info and if existing version is older than current, then UninstallMultipleProtocolInterfaces and unloadImage.
This seem to work in UEFI 2.3.1 but when I test the same SW in UEFI 2.4 based system, it goes for a hang.
I have been banging my around this for last couple for days and now I am in need of some expert advice.
All suggestions are welcome..
Andrew, do you recall changes related to driver dispatch between 2.3.1
and 2.4? Not necessarily in the spec, but maybe in edk2.