Re: About edk2-platforms release

Leif Lindholm

Hi Ming, (+Mike, -Martin)

(Apologies, I had last week off work.)

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 14:02:59 +0000, Huangming (Mark) wrote:
Right now we are using edk2-platforms open source code as a part to
build our ARM platform UEFI implementations.
Due to our production development work flow, we need to upload a
formal edk2-platforms open source release tar ball
to our company database as a reference.

As edk2-platforms doesn't have release, it is hard for us to explain
to company audit office where the code comes from
and why this open source doesn't have release.
So - first of all, you can always reference a commit hash for your
upload. That will never change.

So is it possible to release edk2-platforms just like edk2 release
every three months?
We have discussed doing that. Realistically, I don't think we're going
to hit that for 2020.08, but having public requests for it like this
will certainly help push it higher up on the todo list.

Best Regards,

Leif