Does the Ovmf debug lib work at runtime?

florian.hantke@...

Hello everyone,

I am trying some runtime things and I was wondering if the Ovmf debug lib (with Qemu) works at runtime?
I put some debug functions in MdePkg/Library/UefiRuntimeLib/RuntimeLib.c and in the exit_boot_services/virtual_address_change events of my basic runtime driver.
Looking at the debug output I can see that the last message is my debug from virtual_address_change.
Running a Ubuntu 20.04 in the VM I would expect some output from the runtimeLib when the system runs, for instance getVariable.
At least in this blog post [1] Ubuntu called the runtimeLib.

Could it be that I mistake something or that my approach is wrong?

Thank you for your help and all the best
Florian

[1] http://blog.frizk.net/2017/01/attacking-uefi-and-linux.html