Re: WinHost.exe from EmulatorPkg and StdLib applications

Tim Lewis

Mike --

I moved my !include StdLib.inc to the very end of EmulatorPkg.dsc and I
found that the build issues went away. But if I included it before the
[BuildOptions] line, it would have trouble with the header files. My guess
is there is an order dependency about the way that the CC_FLAGS items are
processed.

#DEFINE EMULATE
#!include StdLib/StdLib.inc

[BuildOptions]
MSFT:DEBUG_*_*_CC_FLAGS = /Od /Oy-
MSFT:NOOPT_*_*_CC_FLAGS = /Od /Oy-

MSFT:*_*_*_DLINK_FLAGS = /ALIGN:4096 /FILEALIGN:4096
/SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE
MSFT:DEBUG_*_*_DLINK_FLAGS = /EXPORT:InitializeDriver=$(IMAGE_ENTRY_POINT)
/BASE:0x10000
MSFT:NOOPT_*_*_DLINK_FLAGS = /EXPORT:InitializeDriver=$(IMAGE_ENTRY_POINT)
/BASE:0x10000

DEFINE EMULATE
!include StdLib/StdLib.inc

I did try your changes with VS2017 and VS2015 and ran WinHost with both with
no trouble. And now I have my StdLib apps working too!

Thanks,

Tim