EDK II CI failing - Do not submit PRs with "push" label set

Michael D Kinney

Hello,

The repo for the cmocka submodule is not available right now, and this is failing
CI checks that run unit tests. Pre-commit checks that do not have any unit tests
will pass, but the post commit checks that run everything will always fail.

PROGRESS - ## Checking Git repository: UnitTestFrameworkPkg/Library/CmockaLib/cmocka...
ERROR - Failed to fetch UnitTestFrameworkPkg/Library/CmockaLib/cmocka
ERROR - FAILED!
ERROR - Failed to fetch required repository!
ERROR - Unable to checkout repo due to error

This repo access error to the cmocka has occurred one other time in the past. Bret had
suggested the idea of using a different repo for cmocka, perhaps a fork in GitHub,
to avoid this issue.

We are hoping the issue will be resolved very soon. but until then, please do not
submit any PRs with a “push” label set.

Best regards,

Mike

Michael D Kinney

This appears to be a good mirror of cmocka that is being kept up to date.

https://github.com/neverware-mirrors/cmocka

Mike

[...]

The issue is resolved.

PRs are being processed correctly now.

Mike

[...]

Bret Barkelew <bret.barkelew@...>

Should we just create a Tianocore mirror, rather than relying on someone else?

- Bret

Rebecca Cran <rebecca@...>

There's also the official mirror on Gitlab, which should be reliable: https://gitlab.com/cmocka/cmocka .

--
Rebecca Cran

Laszlo Ersek

On 12/11/20 22:12, Bret Barkelew via groups.io wrote:
Should we just create a Tianocore mirror, rather than relying on someone
else?
(1) TianoCore mirror is a good idea; some other projects too mirror the
submodules they depend on. (Example, IIUC: <https://git.qemu.org/>.)

(2) This announcement from Mike, and the associated discussion, are
dated Dec 11th (last Friday, as of this writing), and I can also see
Mike's other (later) announcement "EDK II CI Working - Resume normal
activities". But perhaps I'm still hitting something similar -- in my
current PR <https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/pull/1224>, there are no
CI failures, but the Mergify bot isn't taking action, despite the "push"
label. I've tried it twice (initial submission, then close+reopen).

Thanks,
Laszlo

- Bret

[...]

submit any PRs with a “pushâ€&#65533; label set.

Best regards,

Mike

Michael D Kinney

Hi Laszlo,

I used the following comments to ask Mergify to re-evaluate the status. The PR has been merged.

@Mergifyio refresh

https://docs.mergify.io/commands.html

Mike

On 12/14/20 18:30, Kinney, Michael D wrote:
Hi Laszlo,

I used the following comments to ask Mergify to re-evaluate the status. The PR has been merged.
Thank you!

@Mergifyio refresh

https://docs.mergify.io/commands.html
Meh, I'm sure you've told me about this before, likely several times.
I'm sorry for not remembering it! :(

Laszlo