Re: arm64 support for stuart

Michael Brown

On 25/01/2023 16:55, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
iasl is a different matter, as we need it to build for arm64 as well.
iasl is already available in the arm64 distros, so as I see it, there
are 3 options here:
- build iasl for Linux/arm64 and add it to the nuget repo
- allow a fallback to system-wide iasl (how?)
Just use the system-wide tools is the best option IMHO. The packages
are available in Fedora (other distros should be have them too), on both
x86_64 and aarch64, we only need to add them to the CI container image.
So why bother adding nuget builds?
I totally agree with this. Life is much easier when everything just uses the existing system-wide tools.

Deliberately imposing a restriction that CI uses only system-wide tools also helps to prevent a project slipping down into the abyss of obscure dependencies and multi-GB custom SDK container images.

Thanks,

Michael