From: devel@edk2.groups.io <devel@edk2.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ayush
Singh
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2022 11:31 PM
To: edk2-devel-groups-io <devel@edk2.groups.io>
Cc: Michael Kubacki <mikuback@...>
Subject: [edk2-devel] BaseTools: Current status of BaseTools/Source/Python

Hello everyone,

I have been poking around the BaseTools to understand its implementation
since I will have to add Rust build support as a part of my GSoC project. The
`BaseTools/Source/Python` directory contains a README file that states that
the folder was supposed to be removed from the repo on 202102.

It is still present in the repo, but more importantly, it still seems to be getting
commits. Initially, I thought that maybe it was a mirror kind of situation but
the commit history does not match, so I'm not sure.

Can anyone tell me what the current status of migration is, or if it has been
canceled?

Yours Sincerely,
Ayush Singh

[1] https://github.com/tianocore/edk2