TianoCore Community Meeting 20220407 EMEA/NAMO
# TianoCore Community Meeting
- GSOC Need Additional Primary Mentors???
- Bugzilla Status update – Devs still need to update status (ongoing issue)
- UEFI Summit switched to Virtual only
- Question to the community Concerns about additional dependencies?
# Meeting Minutes:
1) **Event Updates (_5 minutes]**
- **UEFI Summit switched to Virtual only**
2) [**Stable Tag Updates (_5 minutes_)**
- Soft Freeze - 2022-
- Hard freeze - 2022-
- 2022- Release
-** Stable Tag 20220225 released **
3) **Stewards Download (_20 minutes_)**
-- No Updates
- Raised topic number of dependencies on external services (git sub-modules, tools VS, iasm, nasm, Python, pip module)
-- CI tools (spell check has a dependency on node package manager)
-- Stewards responsible to validate whether new dependencies are appropriate.
-- Developer helper tools (don’t affect CI builds)
-- Question to the community Concerns about additional dependencies
-** Bugzilla Status **
- Still Need developers to update issues Bug Scrubs working through issues
4) **Opens (_30 minutes_)**
- Brian Johnson concerned about the way build system has become too complex need to simplify, possibly a docker image to help
-- git submodules are complex and not well liked
- Rebecka helping Andrew to get the GDB scripts rebased and checked in waiting on a few more reviews.
- Rajnish – A way to run CI/CD Locally - https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/tree/master/.pytool#running-ci-locally
**AR: Miki reach out to Nate(GSOC) and Felix (Coverity)**
Next meeting will be back on the on the first Thursday of the month.
Miki Demeter (she/her)
Portland Women in Tech Best Speaker 2019