Re: PcdDebugPropertyMask in DSC: How to I set different values for PEI and DXE?

Andrew Fish

On Feb 16, 2022, at 2:10 PM, Kinney, Michael D <michael.d.kinney@...> wrote:

Hi Andrew,

Current DSC syntax for platform scoped [PcdsXXX] sections only supports
CPU Arch and SKUID.

So there is no mechanism today to specify different PCD values based on
module type.

You can manage this in the DSC file, but it does require the module
scoped <PcdXXX> section for each module INF that requires a different
value that the platform scoped [PcdXXX] section.
Mike,

That is what I ended up doing, but it required overriding every PEIM and PEI Core. Seemed kind of excessive.

I think people cheat and use IA32 vs X64 to mean PEI vs. DXE on X64 platforms.

Thanks,

Andrew Fish

Mike