From: Boeuf, Sebastien <sebastien.boeuf@intel.com>
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2022 5:14 PM
To: devel@edk2.groups.io; kraxel@redhat.com; Yao, Jiewen
<jiewen.yao@intel.com>
Subject: Creating new target for Cloud Hypervisor

Hi all,

So far I've been able to patch the OvmfPkgX64 target to make it work for both
QEMU and Cloud Hypervisor, but as I try to enable more features (EFI shell for
instance) the gap is getting bigger and harder to keep them working together.

That's why I'm thinking about creating an OvmfCh target that would be a simple
copy of OvmfX64 at first, and then we could keep improving from there. There
are
multiple things that are not needed by Cloud Hypervisor, which might help
reduce
the complexity of the firmware, eventually leading to faster boot.

I'd like some confirmation from the community that it's okay to go down this
road
before I proceed and send the patches.

Thanks,
Sebastien