From: devel@edk2.groups.io <devel@edk2.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rebecca Cran
Sent: Thursday, September 2, 2021 11:41 AM
To: devel@edk2.groups.io; Kinney, Michael D <michael.d.kinney@intel.com>
Cc: Jayaprakash, N <n.jayaprakash@intel.com>
Subject: Re: [edk2-devel] [edk2-libc Patch 1/1] AppPkg/Applications/Python/Python-3.6.8: Py 3.6.8 UEFI changes

On 9/2/21 11:12 AM, Michael D Kinney wrote:

AppPkg/AppPkg.dsc | 3 +
.../Python/Python-3.6.8/Py368ReadMe.txt | 220 +
This looks like it's formatted using Markdown, so should it be
Py368ReadMe.md?
It looks like there are elements that do not follow MarkDown and the formatting
looks bad when using a MarkDown viewer. I would recommend leaving it as .txt for
now. We can enter a new issue to convert to MD.

create mode 100644 AppPkg/Applications/Python/Python-3.6.8/create_python368_pkg.bat
The xcopy commands should probably have error checking after them.
There are several limitations to the BAT file. It is just being reused from the
Python 2.x ports. I think it would be better to port this to a Python script and
add all error checking in that version. We can enter a new issues for this Python
port.

--

Rebecca Cran