Re: BaseCryptLib in ARM incorrectly marked as a DXE_DRIVER

Andrew Fish

Arti,

Can you be a little more specific? Which INF file? How is it used? Sorry I don’t know a lot about this library.

The different INF files pull in different allocation strategies for the common library code.

SysCall/BaseMemAllocation.c

The most important line in the INF is:

LIBRARY_CLASS = BaseCryptLib|DXE_RUNTIME_DRIVER

or

LIBRARY_CLASS = BaseCryptLib|DXE_DRIVER DXE_CORE UEFI_APPLICATION UEFI_DRIVER

The list after the | is what module types this library can be linked into. I don’t remember what issue a wrong MODULE_TYPE for a library would cause. I think the LIBRARY_CLASS list may override the MODULE_TYPE in terms of how this library gets consumed.

Thanks,

Andrew Fish

On Jul 14, 2021, at 1:34 PM, Arti Gupta via groups.io <arti.gupta@...> wrote:

Hello,

I am seeing that the BaseCryptLib in ARM is declared as a DXE_DRIVER instead of a DXE_RUNTIME_DRIVER, however it has a RuntimeMemAllocation.c which registers for the virtualaddresschange event so that tells me that the lib is expected to live in runtime. Is this bug known? What are the next steps for getting this fixed?

Thanks,
Arti