Re: EFI_AUDIO_OUTPUT_PROTOCOL: assistance with VirtIO initialization

Ethin Probst

The first: I don't know how to retrieve the descriptors on the UEFI
API. I've looked at the Chaos Key DXE, if memory serves, or the
display port one -- one of the two. One of them contained a
ReadDescriptor() function, and so I've borrowed that, but that doesn't
really help much.

On 7/1/21, Michael Brown <mcb30@...> wrote:
On 01/07/2021 00:01, Ethin Probst wrote:
So Leif and I have been working on USB Audio but we've run into a snag.
We've encountered a problem -- neither of us knows enough about USB to
figure out how to get the class-specific AC interface descriptors, and
those contain vital information that I need to be able to control the
audio device.
Do you mean that you can't figure out how to retrieve the descriptors
via the UEFI APIs, or that you don't know how to interpret the
descriptors after retrieval?

Thanks,

Michael
--