Re: [tianocore.github.io.wiki PATCH 1/1] Xcode.md: Update instructions to work on modern macOS and Xcode versions

Laszlo Ersek

On 05/23/21 18:12, Rebecca Cran wrote:
On 5/23/2021 2:51 AM, Laszlo Ersek wrote:

On 05/21/21 20:28, Rebecca Cran wrote:
Could someone review this please? I submitted it almost 2 weeks ago.
I've been aware of it, but I've not once launched (or even seen) Xcode,
so I can't verify the patch.

One thing by which you could help Andrew review the patch is: pushing
the patched wiki article to your own fork of the wiki on github.com, and
following up with the link in this thread. Then Andrew could review the
rendered article more easily.

Unfortunately I don't know how to fork it! I seem to remember we've had
this discussion before, but the original page is
https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/Xcode, and I can
see the file if I clone
https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io.wiki.git - but if I
create a fork, it forks https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io
which is a different site.

The idea is to use the wiki of any one of your projects on github.com --
most fittingly, your edk2 fork's wiki.

The URL to clone the "real" wiki repo from is:

git://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io.wiki

And the repo URL of the wiki of your edk2 fork *should be*:

git@github.com:bcran/edk2.wiki.git

I'm not sure if you first need to enable the wiki function, for your
edk2 fork, on github.com. Maybe that's hidden somewhere between the
project (fork) settings. Either way, once your wiki repo exists, just
force-push to it whatever your local clone contains. And, only the
"master" branch matters for rendering, AFAICT.

Thanks
Laszlo