Re: uefi building for fu-540

Andrew Fish

You should probably just chmod the directory permissions so you can build from the git repo vs. trying to build with sudo or some such.

For each terminal window there is a onetime setup of sourcing . ./edksetup.sh (not extra dot to source command). That should setup your path. That looks missing in your 2nd failure.

On Apr 4, 2021, at 8:52 AM, Pullannagari Babu <Pullannagari.babu@...> wrote:

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for replying early,

If I build as root permissions, I'm facing the issue attached below.

<Screenshot from 2021-04-04 21-19-34.png>

Thanks
Babu P

From: devel@edk2.groups.io <devel@edk2.groups.io> on behalf of Andrew Fish via groups.io <afish@...>
Sent: Sunday, April 4, 2021 9:10 PM
To: edk2-devel-groups-io <devel@edk2.groups.io>; Pullannagari Babu <Pullannagari.babu@...>
Subject: Re: [edk2-devel] uefi building for fu-540

Babu,

The `Build` directory is created by the build for the build output. Looks like your problem is you don’t have privilege to add a directory in `/work/git/tianocore` Did you have to use `sudo` to add the directory? Seem like you need to fix the permissions of the tiancore directory.

Thanks,

Andrew Fish

On Apr 4, 2021, at 8:21 AM, Pullannagari Babu <Pullannagari.babu@...> wrote:

Hello All,

I'm trying to build UEFI for freedom-u540 board, I cloned these sources : edk2, edk2-non-osi , edk2-platforms. in my build directory

then I'm facing the below issue

build.py... :
error 0005: Could not create directory /work/git/tianocore/Build/FreedomU500VC707/DEBUG_GCC5/RISCV64

then i craeted Build/FreedomU500VC707/DEBUG_GCC5/RISCV64 directory manually.
after i facing below issue please can you help out this.

build -a RISCV64 -p Platform/SiFive/U5SeriesPkg/FreedomU500VC707Board/U500.dsc -t GCC5

<Outlook-ie2qxiud.png>

Thanks
Babu P

[EXT]