From: devel@edk2.groups.io <devel@edk2.groups.io> on behalf of Andrew Fish via groups.io <afish@...>
Sent: Sunday, April 4, 2021 9:10 PM
To: edk2-devel-groups-io <devel@edk2.groups.io>; Pullannagari Babu <Pullannagari.babu@...>
Subject: Re: [edk2-devel] uefi building for fu-540

Babu,

The `Build` directory is created by the build for the build output. Looks like your problem is you don’t have privilege to add a directory in `/work/git/tianocore` Did you have to use `sudo` to add the directory? Seem like you need to fix the permissions of the tiancore directory.

Thanks,

Andrew Fish

On Apr 4, 2021, at 8:21 AM, Pullannagari Babu <Pullannagari.babu@...> wrote:

Hello All,

I'm trying to build UEFI for freedom-u540 board, I cloned these sources : edk2, edk2-non-osi , edk2-platforms. in my build directory

then I'm facing the below issue

build.py... :
error 0005: Could not create directory /work/git/tianocore/Build/FreedomU500VC707/DEBUG_GCC5/RISCV64

then i craeted Build/FreedomU500VC707/DEBUG_GCC5/RISCV64 directory manually.
after i facing below issue please can you help out this.

build -a RISCV64 -p Platform/SiFive/U5SeriesPkg/FreedomU500VC707Board/U500.dsc -t GCC5

<Outlook-ie2qxiud.png>

Thanks
Babu P

[EXT]