Re: [RFC] Request for the new package "RedfishPkg" under edk2 repo
Seems no one has comment on this topic. Let’s just go through the code review process.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Abner Chang
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2020 11:02 AM
To: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Cc: Wang, Nickle (HPS SW) <nickle.wang@...>; Chen, Aaron <aaron.chen@...>; siyuan.fu@...; Wang, Fan <fan.wang@...>; Wu, Jiaxin <jiaxin.wu@...>; Ni, Ray <ray.ni@...>; Michael D Kinney <michael.d.kinney@...>
Subject: Re: [edk2-devel] [RFC] Request for the new package "RedfishPkg" under edk2 repo
Add [RFC] to the subject, add Ray and Mike to the loop.
From: Chang, Abner (HPS SW/FW Technologist)
This is the RFC for the new package "RedfishPkg" introduced to edk2 repo, I thought mailing system will add [RFC] prefix to the subject. Sorry for the inconvenience.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com]
On Behalf Of Abner Chang
Given that we are going to contribute code of UEFI Redfish edk2 solution, a new package “RedfishPkg” under edk2 repo is necessary for accommodating the UEFI Redfish driver stacks, that includes
- EFI Redfish Host Interface DXE Driver
- EFI Refish Credential DXE Driver
- EFI REST EX UEFI Driver for Redfish service
- EFI Redfish Discover UEFI Driver
- EFI Redfish Discover Protocol
- EFI Redfish Config UEFI Driver
- EFI BIOS Config To Redfish Dxe Driver
- EFI REST JSON Structure DXE Driver
- EFI Source Coding DXE Driver
- EFI BIOS Resource Provision Generation Protocol
- EFI BIOS Resource Provision Transport Layer Protocol
The architecture have been discussing in TianoCore Design meeting and the corresponding BZ were created as well.
The code we will start to contribute includes
- Contribute to edk2 repo for those drivers already have the corresponding definitions in UEFI spec.
- Contribute code to edk2-staging/UEFI _Redfish for those drivers do not have the corresponding definitions in UEFI spec. This is for the evaluation and require ECR to USWG if community agree with having this driver for Redfish edk2 solution.
Please refer to below link for the details, https://github.com/tianocore/edk2-staging/blob/UEFI_Redfish/Readme.md