Re: [edk2-staging/RISC-V-V2 PATCH v1 11/22]: BaseTools: BaseTools changes for RISC-V platform.

Leif Lindholm

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 06:44:44AM +0000, Abner Chang wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Leif Lindholm [mailto:leif.lindholm@linaro.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2019 11:45 PM
To: devel@edk2.groups.io; Chang, Abner (HPS SW/FW Technologist)
<abner.chang@hpe.com>
Subject: Re: [edk2-devel] [edk2-staging/RISC-V-V2 PATCH v1 11/22]:
BaseTools: BaseTools changes for RISC-V platform.

On Wed, Sep 04, 2019 at 06:43:06PM +0800, Abner Chang wrote:
BaseTools changes for building EDK2 RISC-V platform.
The changes made to build_rule.template is to avoid build errors cause by
GCC711RISCV tool chain.

What errors?
-Wl cause build error on GCC711RISCV tool chain. I remember this has
been fixed on the latest GCC RISC-V toolchain, however, the latest
GCC RISC-V brings another issue which is the system hangs in the
middle of POST and we didn't investigate the root cause yet.
OK. Just please, be specific on such things in commit messages.

/
Leif