TianoCore Community Meeting Minutes - 2/11 & 2/4


Soumya Guptha
 

TianoCore Community Meeting Minutes (EMEA/NMO)
February 11, 2021

EVENTS:
No new updates.

STABLE TAG:
edk2-stable202102 - Feature Planning freeze on 2/15
https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-Release-Planning

STEWARDS DOWNLOAD:
* Design meeting - we discussed on Automation & CI system.
Community Action: Need help from the community on ECC tool (EFI code checker), we have critical issues, need help quickly.
We don't have a dedicated maintainer for ECC tool. Need volunteers to do development work on the ECC. Please let Soumya, Mike Kinney and other Stewards, and/or the mailing list.
There are a few features that need a newer version of NASM. We will be updating the version of NASM.

* Workflow for maintainers: Task is to Evaluate the automation feature and get feedback. Workflow of maintainers to submit multiple pull requests. Issue - causing extra work, process issue. We are investigating on automation.If there is any workflow that is inefficient or anything that we can do to increase the efficiency, please give us that feedback.

* Google summer code (sponsored internship program run by google). Need some mentors to mentor the interns. Tianocore open source needs to apply. Application deadline Feb 19th. We need to develop interesting ideas for summer projects. Nate will start an offline thread to discuss ideas for projects. Couple of people have expressed some interest in becoming mentors.
Community Action: If you are interested in either mentoring or have a project idea, please send an email to (nathaniel.l.desimone@intel.com<mailto:nathaniel.l.desimone@intel.com>).
Deadline is Feb 19th to send the proposal to Google. Send your ideas soon to Nate.

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS:
Acknowledge Gary Lin from Suse (Glin@suse.com<mailto:Glin@suse.com>) from Harry Hsiung (Intel)
https Boot Ovmfpkg and MdeModulePkg with TLS LSIScsi patches


Regards,
Soumya

-----Original Message-----
From: announce@edk2.groups.io <announce@edk2.groups.io> On Behalf Of Soumya Guptha
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 8:12 PM
To: announce@edk2.groups.io; devel@edk2.groups.io
Subject: Re: [edk2-announce] TianoCore Community Meeting Minutes - 2/4

TianoCore Community Meeting Minutes (APAC/NMO)
February 4, 2021



EVENTS:
No new updates.

STABLE TAG:
edk2-stable202102 - Feature Planning freeze on 2/15

https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-Release-Planning

STEWARDS DOWNLOAD (Mike Kinney)
* Design meeting - we discussed on Automation & CI system.
* Community Action: Need help from the community on ECC tool (EFI code checker), we have critical issues, need help quickly.
* Kevin - will explore to see if someone has any expertise wrt ECC tool.

* Sean plans to send to the info to the community on the tool to help format the source code. Sean will send it to the mailing list.
Suggests making ECC smaller.

* Addressed all issues related to cmocka.

* Workflow for maintainers: some maintainers like to work on multiple pull requests, causing extra work, process issue. We are investigating on automation. Task is to Evaluate the automation feature and get feedback.

* Bugzilla Feature request - update on NASM compiler version will start now. This is not required by developers until after the Q1 stable tag.


Opens:

1. Nate - Google summer code (sponsored internship program run by google). Need some mentors to mentor the interns. Tianocore open source needs to apply. Application deadline Feb 19th. We need to develop interesting ideas for summer projects. Nate will start an offline thread to discuss ideas for projects. Couple of people have expressed some interest in becoming mentors.
Community Action: If you are interested in either mentoring or have a project idea, please send an email to (nathaniel.l.desimone@intel.com<mailto:nathaniel.l.desimone@intel.com>).
Deadline is Feb 19th to send the proposal to Google. Send your ideas soon to Nate.

1. Sean - code contribution, project management - are we doing anything to improve.

Acknowledgments:
Community Action: Please send Soumya if you like to acknowledge anyone from the community, if anyone helped you close bugs or reviewed code etc..We will post those acknowledgements on the community page.



Soumya Guptha
Firmware Ecosystem Enabling Manager, SFP/IAGS