TianoCore Community Meeting Minutes - April


Soumya Guptha
 

TianoCore Community Meeting Minutes

April 2, 2020





Events (Soumya Guptha):

Spring 2020 UEFI PLUGFEST<https://uefi.org/Spring2020Plugfest> has been cancelled due to the Coronavirus. More details are published here - https://uefi.org/events/upcoming

We are exploring to do a virtual meeting for the Tianocore Community members to discuss on TianoCore topics.

Please send if you have any topics to contribute or hear to Soumya Guptha (soumya.k.guptha@intel.com<mailto:soumya.k.guptha@intel.com>) by April 17th.

Soumya will communicate further on virtual meeting details.



Stable Tag Updates (Soumya Guptha/Liming Gao):

1. Edk2 stable tag 202005 feature development in progress. Features are listed in: https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-Release-Planning

Community Action: Please send if any feature requests that needs to be added to the next stable tag release.


Features Completed:

* ArmVirtPkg Implement support for TPM2 measured boot<https://bugzilla.tianocore.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2560>
* OVMF Implement support for Linux v5.7+ initrd and mixed mode loading<https://bugzilla.tianocore.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2564>
* OVMF Use loadimage/startimage for loading the kernel passed via the QEMU command line<https://bugzilla.tianocore.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2566>
* OVMF Support booting from Fusion-MPT SCSI controllers<https://bugzilla.tianocore.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2390>
* OVMF Support booting from VMware PVSCSI controllers<https://bugzilla.tianocore.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2567>
* OVMF RFE: VCPU hotplug with SMM<https://bugzilla.tianocore.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1512>
Features In Progress:

* RegularExpressionDxe: Use submodule way to access third party Oniguruma<https://bugzilla.tianocore.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2073>
* BrotliCustomDecompressLib: Use submodule way to access third party brotli<https://bugzilla.tianocore.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2559>
* BaseTools: Use submodule way to access third party brotli<https://bugzilla.tianocore.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2558>
* Add support RISC-V arch platforms<https://bugzilla.tianocore.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2532>
* Ensure NV Variable Confidentiality and Integrity for Platforms Supporting RPMC<https://bugzilla.tianocore.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2594>

Stewards Meeting download (Mike Kinney)

1) Issues with Mergify service. Pass CI and Mergify service. Waiting the result. See this issue, and ask Admin to refresh operation. Continue to monitor open CI.

2) Code First Process (Leif started in the mailing list and got some feedback from the community) . Need approval from the community, then can follow the process. Use Edk2 staging branch for code development, validation, and spec ECR. Document this process in wiki page for the developer reference.

3) Evaluation of code review process moving to github. Github web UI for code review, and email archive for community. Agreement to the stable and reliable service of Github Pull service. RFC will include the test repo for user evaluation.

4) Line ending conversion. Dos line ending --> Linux line ending. Local setting enables auto conversion based on Windows OS. Linux line ending is the standard git defaulting.





AR review from March:

1. Sean requested a few features (variable policy, TLS 1.3 etc.) for stable tag Q2 release. Sean will follow up with Liming on those features to get them added to Q2 stable tag.

* (Soumya) Follow up with liming on the features requested by Sean listed here<https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/55621?p=,,,20,0,0,0::Created,,community+meeting,20,2,0,71766249>

2. Discussion around Bugzilla - Liming to explore adding more detailed information on bugzilla wiki page

3. Governance and the process: Intel (Mike Kinney) has been evaluating the possibility of using git hub for the code review process. Expect RFCs in the month of early April.



Community Opens:

1. Rebecca - BHYVE support (need this by May). Rebecca to open a Bugzilla request. Community will evaluate.
2. Mike Kinney - we are using legacy GitBooks process/format. GitBooks will discontinue by end of April. We need to migrate our documents<https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-Draft-Specification> from legacy service to GitBooks current one. Mike Kinney will update the community on the migration status in the upcoming week. Mike will evaluate the migration tools for this migration and update the process.
3. We will be switching to zoom for all community meetings, please check the latest calendar on tianocore.



Acknowledgments:







Regards,

Soumya


Soumya Guptha
Open Source Program Manager, SFP/IAGS