TianoCore Community Design Meeting Minutes - Jun 11, 2021
Thanks to Min for capturing the minutes.
From: Xu, Min M <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 3:34 PM
To: Ni, Ray <email@example.com>
Cc: Yao, Jiewen <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Xu, Min M <email@example.com>
Subject: Meeting minutes of TianoCore Design meeting (Jun 11)
The meeting minutes of last Friday's TianoCore design meeting is listed below.
I am not sure how to send out the meeting minutes, send it to the community in mail or paste it in somewhere?
Min Xu, Jiewen Yao, Thomas Lendacky, Chris Oo, Jiaqi Gao, Bret Barkelew, Erdem Aktas, Qi Zhang, Kevin Davis, Michael D Kinney, Sean Brogan, Ray Ni
1. TDVF Design Overview v0.9
b. Slides 1-20 is reviewed in this session.
2. Propose 2 Configurations for TDVF to upstream (https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/76367)
a. Config-A: (slide 6)
b. Config-B: (slide 8)
3. Discussion about the 2 Configurations
i. RTMR is not supported in Config-A. But we support QEMU based vTpm in Config-A.
b. PEI phase:
i. In Config-A, if PEI phase is skipped, then the QEMU based vTpm will not work.
ii. Intel need to figure out a way to fix this gap.
1. support vTpm in TdxStartuplib
2. or follow the standard EDK2 flow SEC -> PEI -> DXE ->BDS
c. Page table
i. 5-level page table is considered to be implemented in the future, but not a TDVF task in Config-A
4. The new design review session is booked at Jun 25 for further discussion.