Topics

回复: [edk2-devel] Soft Feature Freeze start date delays to 2020-08-24 for edk2-stable202008


gaoliming
 

Jiewen:

For this patch set V3, I see you give reviewed-by on Aug 15th https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/64299
For V4, https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/64354, it makes the change per your comment.
So, I agree you as SecurityPkg maintainter reviewed-by is OK for V4 patch set.

And, I also see Chiu, Chasel as IntelFsp2WrapperPkg maintainer gives reviewed-by on Aug 18th for the changes in IntelFsp2WrapperPkg

So, I think the latest patch set V4 finished code review before new SFF start date (2020-08-24).
Based on SFF definition, I agree this patch set can be merged for this stable tag 202008.

Thanks
Liming

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: bounce+27952+64638+4905953+8761045@groups.io
<bounce+27952+64638+4905953+8761045@groups.io> 代表 Yao, Jiewen
发送时间: 2020年8月26日 18:17
收件人: Laszlo Ersek <lersek@...>; devel@edk2.groups.io; gaoliming
<gaoliming@...>; 'Leif Lindholm' <leif@...>;
afish@...; Kinney, Michael D <michael.d.kinney@...>; Guptha,
Soumya K <@SoumyaGuptha>
抄送: announce@edk2.groups.io; 'Chang, Abner (HPS SW/FW Technologist)'
<abner.chang@...>; Zhang, Qi1 <qi1.zhang@...>;
marcello.bauer@...
主题: Re: [edk2-devel] Soft Feature Freeze start date delays to 2020-08-24 for
edk2-stable202008

HI Laszlo
I checked the history.

Jiewen replied " [PATCH v3 0/8] Need add a FSP binary measurement" with
review-by on V3 patch series in August 15, with comment to rename
FvEventLogRecordLib to TcgEventLogRecordLib.
Qi sent v4 series in August 17, with only naming change from
FvEventLogRecordLib to TcgEventLogRecordLib.
Jian replied "[PATCH v3 0/8] Need add a FSP binary measurement" with
reviewed-by on V3 patch series in August 18.

So I treat this patch series is qualified to check in (since V4 adopted my
comment). But please let me know if there is any misunderstanding.


When I am about to merge, I am told that we are in SFF and I cannot check in.
According to the plan, I will check in after August 28, which is end of August. It
is still OK for me.
2020-08-14 Soft Feature Freeze
2020-08-21 Hard Feature Freeze
2020-08-28 Release

But now, if we need delay one week, then the final release data will be
September. If I cannot check in now, I will have to check in at September.
That is why I said, it impacts me, because of this one week delay.

Thank you
Yao Jiewen


-----Original Message-----
From: Laszlo Ersek <lersek@...>
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 5:54 PM
To: Yao, Jiewen <jiewen.yao@...>; devel@edk2.groups.io; gaoliming
<gaoliming@...>; 'Leif Lindholm' <leif@...>;
afish@...; Kinney, Michael D <michael.d.kinney@...>;
Guptha,
Soumya K <@SoumyaGuptha>
Cc: announce@edk2.groups.io; 'Chang, Abner (HPS SW/FW Technologist)'
<abner.chang@...>; Zhang, Qi1 <qi1.zhang@...>;
marcello.bauer@...
Subject: Re: [edk2-devel] Soft Feature Freeze start date delays to
2020-08-24 for
edk2-stable202008

Hi Jiewen,

On 08/26/20 03:19, Yao, Jiewen wrote:
To clarify below:
I just notice this one week delay. It impacts us.

https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/64354
[PATCH v4 0/8] Need add a FSP binary measurement
The SecurityPkg patches have not been approved yet, and Bret and
Jiewen are still testing / discussing (as far as I understand):
<https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/64526>. Material for the next
tag.

[Jiewen] I think the security pkg is already approved by me and Jian
(SecurityPkg maintainer) Bret also provides feedback that it looks
good.
The series in question has three SecurityPkg patches:

[PATCH v4 1/8] SecurityPkg/TcgEventLogRecordLib: add new lib for
firmware
measurement
[PATCH v4 5/8] SecurityPkg/dsc: add FvEventLogRecordLib
[PATCH v4 7/8] SecurityPkg/Tcg2: handle PRE HASH and LOG ONLY

As I'm writing this, *none* of the listed patches have any kind of
Reviewed-by or Acked-by, either included in the patches themselves, or
posted in response to them.

I request to check in to stable202008, if possible.
We can do that only if (a) we extend the SFF deadline again, and (b)
each of the SecurityPkg patches receives at least an Acked-by from one
of the SecurityPkg maintainers, until the new deadline.

I'm certainly not against the idea. I don't mind if the release slips
some more; it's OK to say that we're not ready to release yet. The point
is, as long as we're doing more work for completing the release, we
should prolong the stabilization period as well (opportunity for people
to test).

Thanks,
Laszlo