Date 1 - 1 of 1
TianoCore Community Meeting Minutes - October 2021
TianoCore Community Meeting
October 7, 2021
No new updates since last month.
Past AR review from September -
o Community Action: provide input to Dick Wilkins Dick_Wilkins@...<mailto:Dick_Wilkins@...<mailto:Dick_Wilkins@...%3cmailto:Dick_Wilkins@...>> on these questions -
* Is your company interested in sponsoring?
* Are you willing to pay for the conference?
Community Response - Community thinks that it's useful to have a face to face event.
Paying for the conference maybe fine for those that need to pay for hotel and flight.
Aligning with UEFI plugfest is beneficial for the TianoCore design/technical roadmap discussions and for the TianoCore community to come together.
Stable Tag updates:
Stable tag 202111 is collecting features.
Soft freeze on Nov 8th.
Community Action: please send your feature requests ahead of time to Liming.
1. Inclusive language: Stewards discussed TianoCore to follow inclusive language and layout the guidelines. Community manager will drive further conversations with stewards and community in the upcoming weeks.
2. Discussion around Uncrustify tool.
Reduces code review time and provides consistent code base when having to recode so you don't see mixed styles in diff parts of the tree.
Community action - review the code style and provide feedback if you like it or not and what changes would you like to see.
EDK2 C coding style is not identical to Uncrustify. Should we change EDK2 style?
Please follow the discussion here - https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/topic/progress_on_getting/84932137?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate/sticky,,,20,2,0,84932137,previd=1633659901428425771,nextid=1633620778663080075&previd=1633659901428425771&nextid=1633620778663080075
1. Felix had sent RFC on static analysis on EDK2 but no feedback from the community. Community to send feedback to Felix.
Please follow the discussion here - https://edk2.groups.io/g/rfc/topic/rfc_static_analysis_in_edk2/85318202?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate/sticky,,,20,2,0,85318202,previd=1633604560724866953,nextid=1619704994055247213&previd=1633604560724866953&nextid=1619704994055247213
1. Spam on Bugzilla (Mike Kinney) - we need to change the configuration of TianoCore Bugzilla. We have been handling so far by disabling those spammers and these emails remain in our mailing list.
a. Mike has handled it by changing the permissions disabling for people to create accounts to avoid the spam.
Open: What process should we follow?
AR: Mike and Liming will follow up in the email on the TianoCore Bugzilla account creation process and post it. wiki pages need to be updated as well.
1. Update from Soumya Guptha: Lynn Teng from Intel will be acting as Community manager and picking up community management responsibilities starting this month. Please extend your support to Lynn Teng. Soumya Guptha will be stepping away from the Community management during this time.
2. Update from Nate Desimone -Intel(r) Xeon Scalable Processors, Ice Lake and Cooper Lake min platform has been released.
3. OCP Global Summit: Scheduled on Nov 9-10, 2021. This year is a hybrid model - both in-person and online, held in San Jose, California, US.
OCP summit schedule here - https://2021ocpglobal.fnvirtual.app/a/schedule
Check out these sessions -
1) Wed, November 10, 2:15pm - 2:30pm | SJCC - Concourse Level - 210BF FSP and MinPlatform for Sapphire Rapids Intel(r) Xeon(r) Scalable Processors by Nate Desimone and Isaac Oram (Intel).
2) Wed, November 10, 4:15pm - 4:30pm | SJCC - Concourse Level - 210BF Enabling Runtime RAS on Xeon OCP Platforms Using Intel FSP and Coreboot by Ruth Li
TianoCore Community Manager
|1 - 1 of 1|