Date 1 - 1 of 1
TianoCore Community Meeting Minutes - December
TianoCore Community Meeting Minutes
December 10, 2020
No new updates.
* Stable tag (edk2-stable202011) has been completed.
* Upcoming 202102 stable tag features below. You can also access here - https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-Release-Planning
* So far, we have one feature request below. There is lot of activity around redfish, we expect more features to go into the Q1 stable tag release.
* Feature: CryptoPkg/OpensslLib: Add native instruction support for X64<https://bugzilla.tianocore.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2507>
* Community Ask: Submit your feature requests earlier during the planning phase. Any bigger features impacting a bigger change needs to go into the planning cycle sooner. We absolutely need to avoid last minute requests to release a healthy stable tag.
* Liming has proposed dates for all 4 edk2-stable tags in 2021.
* Community ask: Please look at the page and date and send proposed feature lists to each edk2-stable tag
Other updates on Stable tags:
* Update on release process: we noticed Github behavior around dynamic creation of zip and tar files, the content is not consistent over time impacting some customers. We have updated release processes so there are consistent binaries available.
* Bug opened with respect to variable lock protocol (more details here: https://bugzilla.tianocore.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3111). We need to create a branch from the stable tag, this is new and once the bug fix is approved, we will have a communication from liming within the next few days.
STEWARDS DOWNLOAD (Mike Kinney)
1. Change on GitHub - changing the default branch name on the TianoCore repositories. Stewards had a discussion on existing repositories. But the new repositories already use a default branch "Main".
* For customers - need to do the testing in case they have made any assumptions around the branch name.
* Watch for the change requests as they come up.
1. Git book documentation: As we transitioned to gitbooks, we had lost the pdf capabilities in the legacy gitbook. We now have restored the pdf capabililty in github server. Wiki pages, release pages etc.. are all updated. pdfs are restored.
1. Patch review related to redfish - working on this technical problem that community needs to be aware of and work together. Look for an email discussion on this topic.
Community ask - if anyone is interested in participating in this activity, please join the mail list/reach out to the Stewards.
1) From Nate - Min platform and FSP for Tiger lake - is trending before end of the year. Ice lake Xeon min platform & FSP is trending towards Q1 2021.
* Community Ask: Any interest in mother boards for either of these platforms to do open development? So that we can prioritize.
1. From Rebecca - Line endings status.
* No update this month. Have not had resources to set up evaluation repo with the line ending changes.
* Need to fix links in following page: https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-Draft-Specification
* Mac XCODE Wiki documentation is out of date. Action: Rebecca to open a Bugzilla request.
Community Action: Please send Soumya if you like to acknowledge anyone from the community, if anyone helped you close bugs or reviewed code etc..We will post those acknowledgements on the community page.
Open Source Firmware PM, Intel Corporation
|1 - 1 of 1|